Topic of the Month
Be sure to keep these policies in mind as you progress through the University. We want you to have a positive experience!
1. Know what Plagiarism Is: This infographic, created by The Visual Communication Guy, can help you make academically honest decisions when writing papers and completing assignments.
4. Responsible Action Policy: Never fear to take responsible action when a fellow Terp is in need.
5. Off Campus Jurisdiction: The Code of Student Conduct has expanded jurisdiction and it applies to all students both on- and OFF-CAMPUS.
6. Living on Campus? The residence hall rules and polcies are important to know and understand.
2. Code of Academic Integrity: Make sure you know how it applies to you and all of your school work. Use this tutorial to help!
3. Sexual Misconduct Policy: Review the policy here so that you are informed of how the policy applies to students!
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Ask Us Questions Anonymously
The Office of Student Conduct now offers students a safe, anonymous space to ask about the Code of Academic Integrity, the Code of Student Conduct, or any conduct-related questions through our Anonymous Ask. To ask a question fill out the form, found here
with your question and look out for the answer on our Facebook page: Student Conduct at UMD or on the website
Faces of Integrity
Integrity, Character, and Ethics Award Winner
Photo: Aaron Bricco with Dr. Andrea Goodwin
“The Integrity, Character, and Ethics (ICE) Award" recognizes the UMD student who has best exemplified the ideals of integrity, character,
and ethics this academic year. Students, faculty, and staff can submit nominations for any University of Maryland student. Aaron Bricco is the 2015-2016 award recipient. Aaron is a combat veteran of the US Army and has been one of three students that has helped to build an amazing community of veterans wanting to make a difference. Aaron’s nominator stated, “During his tenure as the TerpVets President, the organization has made huge strides in increasing awareness for veterans as well as integrating them into the student community. Aaron’s mature, level-headed leadership is rare at best. Aaron is described as fearless, courageous, and committed to serving others. The "Bricco Effect" will continue long after he has graduated.”